I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) with a background in nursing. I have over 16 years of combined professional experience working in medical and mental health settings providing education, counseling, and therapy to patients and their families.
As a therapist, my style is calm, supportive, and caring. I believe therapy is most effective when people develop a trusting relationship with their therapist and feel safe to be themselves. My approach to therapy includes being attentive to people as a whole and draws primarily from AIR Network (Adaptive Internal Relational Model), attachment-based, family systems, emotion-focused, and cognitive-behavioral therapies. I have been formally trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy). My experience and education provide added insight into how physical, emotional, cognitive, spiritual and relational issues impact a person’s well-being. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to the unique needs of each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing while in therapy.
I have professional experience and special interest in working with adults in individual and couple settings around a variety of issues including: relationship issues, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, adolescent transition issues, trauma recovery, life transitions/adjustment, issues unique to women, LGBTQ issues, self-esteem, medical adjustment, chronic/terminal health issues, divorce transition, and spiritual issues. Whatever personal or relationship difficulties draw you to therapy, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
- M.A. Marriage and Family Therapy – Bethel University, St. Paul, MN
- B.S. Nursing – Winona State University, Winona, MN
Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – Minnesota
- PREPARE/ENRICH Certified – Bethel University
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Certified
- AIR Network (Adaptive Internal Relational Model)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)